Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Entry 2

It is already day 2 in New Orleans and i can't even express how much i already love this city and how thankful I am to be here. This is truly an experience of a lifetime and I'm so thankful that I'm able to do it with my friends, great chaperons, and being involved in a worthwhile community service project. Just being around and experiencing the city of New Orleans is already one of my favorite things to do but I'm also glad that we are here making an impact in this great city. This city has given us such a great time and we're able to pay it back by helping with its recovery to its state since before Katrina.

Being here has really aloud me to learn about the long process of recovery from such a devastating thing like a hurricane. I must admit that even I didn't know the extent of the damage the city is still sustaining even seven years after the hurricane. I'm just glad that I'm able to make a difference even if it's in one persons life like Mrs. Rosemary who's house we're working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment