Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Feeling of Helping Those Most In Need

Well, the first thing I want to say is that I'm so excited to be going on this adventure with 30ish amazing people. I can't wait to see what new experiences, new sights, new way of living this journey will brings us. I've heard tons of amazing things about New Orleans and can't wait to go do as much as I can to bring it back to it's amazing glory. Additionally, I am just as excited to help clean up the beaches and beach towns of New Jersey during the Sandy Relief. Everyone that lives in New Jersey knows how big of a summer past time they are and how important it is to clean them up for the economy and the overall happiness of New Jersey citizens.

My thoughts are all over the place right now because I'm so excited for this trip so this blog will probably be all over the place too. Fair warning.

A reason why I am so excited to go on to New Orleans is because I have a fascination with traveling. I've been to tons of places such as Peru, Argentina, Chile, and the entire Eastern coast of the United States. New Orleans will add to my list of fascinating places I have been to.

I've always had an interest in weather especially super storms of all kinds ever since I was a little kid. When Katrina was hitting New Orleans, no exaggeration, I was watching the weather reporters trying to show how bad the situation was down there on television all day. I want to see first hand, just a little bit of the damage that remains in New Orleans. It's kinda crazy that to this day, after so much time, that there is still damage that needs to be fixed and the city still has needs.

During the school year, a couple of Bonners and freshmen went to Brick to see firsthand, the damage that Super Storm Sandy caused and to help out as much as we could for a day. It was a great experience to be able to help while still being with some of your closest friends. I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to be doing it much longer this time. I can't wait to spend quality time with my class of Bonners and to get to know each and everyone better. During the school year, I feel like no one has time for anything so I'm looking forward to spending some time with them.

I can't wait to meet the bunches of other people that have set out to doing the same quality work and have the same mission that us, Bonners, do in New Orleans. I can't wait to (stealing this from Gabby's blog) "be a source of this common hope as the week develops!" I can't wait to feel the feeling that is felt by anyone, when a person that needed so much thanks you for all the help and work you have done.  I can't wait to see what miracles can be done in these next to weeks! 

I CAN'T WAIT! AHH!

-Edric V.


2 comments: