Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sandy and the beginings to Nola!

During Sandy, I worked at Union Beach helping to break down a roof that landed in someones backyard after the hurricane hit. I didnt realize the amount of damage that Sandy left until seeing it with my eyes. Hearing from news reportings is one thing but experiencing it first hand was a whole another thing. This proved to be the same as we came to Nola. During the tour we visited the lower ninth ward and I realized that cleaning up and rebuilding was far from over. I must say this shocked me because being that hurricane Katrina was 8 years ago and bearly hearing anything about it in the news, one would think New Orleans was fully recovered. I am excited to continue working on the house I was assigned to and doing anything I can to help the progress of the homeowner returning to her house as fast as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment