Tuesday, January 15, 2013

NOLA!!

Hey, I just wanted to say that this experience has been unreal and it has only been a few days! To be honest, when I first decided to come to NOLA I thought that New Orleans was not in that bad of a condition.  I thought that I would come into a normally functioning series of neighborhoods that only needed a floor done or a house painted.  To my surprise, it looked like the hurricane just ran through the place.  Lots are empty everywhere, houses are boarded up, and neighborhoods that are normally filled with hundreds of houses have only one or two that are standing.  This place needs so much help and I am so blessed that I am here.  This is definitely an eye opening experience and I hope that I can come back every year to help out.  The people here are so genuine and actually appreciate what is being done for them.  I can not wait to see what is to come for the rest of the week.

-Jennifer Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment