Monday, January 7, 2013

Pre-Trip Thoughts

 Hi, I am extremely excited for the next two weeks of life.  Getting to spend my time doing such meaningful service is excellent and I can't think of a better way to spend the end of my vacation.

I have never really traveled.  Once I went to Canada, but I got stuck there due to a car problem and the Yankees lost to the Blue Jays...Other than that it has been New York and New Jersey.  Not complaining, just saying--it will be a new and exciting experience to see another part of the country.

I know from the pictures and news clips that the devastation from both Sandy and Katrina is terrible.  I can only imagine the difficulties that so many people are going through right now.  I think seeing it in person will bring an even deeper meaning to the service we are doing and will motivate me even more to work hard and make an impact.

I hope the freshmen have an amazing time on this journey as well.  It is a beautiful thing--to bond through service--and I know this group of students is amazing and deserves that kind of experience.

Here's to an amazing experience and meaningful service!

- Katie Kahn 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I can't believe that we're leaving tomorrow to begin our service to help in the aftermath of both Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy! I have been waiting for this ever since I heard that we were going on this trip. Everyone keeps asking me why I am leaving Kearny (where I live) so early and when I tell them about the service that we are doing to help those who lost everything in these devastating hurricanes, I get the same reaction-that it is such an amazing thing that we are spending our last couple of weeks of winter break down the shore and at New Orleans doing service.
    I've never been to New Orleans so I am excited to explore there as well. I can't wait to begin this journey and bond with all of you amazing people.
    See you all tomorrow! :D
    -Ashleigh Amadeo

    ReplyDelete